Monday, June 4, 2018

Online Assignment #3: High Front Vowels

Hello Dear Students,
Today we had the opportunity to practice high front vowels.  Watch the following videos and practice high front vowels: (Canadian English)


High Front Lax Vowel:

American English /i/ and /I/   pronounced by Rachel on her youtube channel:
High Front Tense Vowel:
High Front Lax Vowel:

After watching the videos,  Please answer the following questions in the comment section below:
1. Do you notice any difference between Canadian and American English? Yes or No? 
2. Do you think your pronunciation is closer to American or Canadian?  Why?

7 comments:

  1. Gisel Pèrez .
    I have noticed a difference between both pronunciations especially with the sound of the I , since in the American pronunciation we can hear it in 2 ways , upwards the syllable of the tension will be flatter and lower in the tone, while the Canadian pronunciation is short and precise. and i think my pronunciation until now is closer to canadian .

    ReplyDelete

  2. The most important difference between Canadian and American English is that Canadian English is universally very crisp and clean (I've heard some remarkably well spoken construction workers in that country). American English tends to be less precise, with a lot of dropped "t"s and lazy consonants. I think that my pronunciation is Closer to American because I Didn't pronunce the vowel or some Consonants like Canadian, is more difficult to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really think is not much difference.👌
    I feel that the closest pronunciation is American English.
    because his pronunciation does not have as much movement in the jawbone😃 in conjunction with the tongue👅

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sound almost the same, but for me it difficult in anybof those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think there is not much difference in the Canadian pronunciation that in the American one, except in some words in which one is more open in one than in the other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1) There isnot to much differents
    2) Is determinate for the stress or the unstress of the jaw/ is important to mention the influence that the canadian english have fron the French language.

    ReplyDelete

Online Assignment #4

Dear Students,    In our previous session, we reviewed the high front vowels and became familiar with the rest of the front vowels.  Here a...